Happy Saturday, everyone!
A few days ago I baked the Breton butter cake again, but now it was time to try out a new recipe. Seeing how I have been baking mostly cakes lately, I decided to try out the Nutella blondies I saw online on the Unilad page (which has nothing to do with baking!). This dessert is definitely for chocolate/Nutella lovers, as it is not for the faint-hearted 😀 In other words, be prepared for something extra sweet!
If you’re interested, you can read the original post and watch their baking video here. The total baking process is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, as you will need to freeze spoonfuls of Nutella for 45 minutes before you actually make the batter. The batter itself is very easy and the baking takes about 30 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius.
- 325 gr. Nutella
- 150 gr. butter
- 375 gr. brown sugar (I replaced with white sugar, as I only had brown sugar cubes)
- 230 gr. flour
- 110 gr. cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (I used a vanilla packet)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- First place spoonfuls of Nutella on a tray, which you will freeze for 45 minutes. I used about half a tablespoon for each scoop. In total I had 12 scoops on the tray. (250 gr.)
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the butter into a bowl (I used a glass bowl) with the cream cheese and sugar and mix.
- Add the baking powder and vanilla, mix again.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add 75 gr. of Nutella.
- Pour most of the batter into a lined tray (I used aluminum foil as I didn’t have parchment paper).
- Add in the frozen scoops of Nutella and cover them with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius. Serve with powdered sugar (and tea :D)
In the end you have the subtle crunchiness and chewiness of a brownie, mixed in with melting Nutella. Delicious! I definitely recommend you to try this recipe! Feel free to adjust the quantity of Nutella based on your personal preference. Also, I do feel like brown sugar will change the taste, so next time I will try with that.
Until next time,